The Land of Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken ad.

2 posters

Go down

Broken ad. Empty Broken ad.

Post  Naitachel Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:03 am

When the small ad strip above advertises Goodgame Empire, I get a cookie that makes their login a nasty popup that appears every 10 sec. It is removed if I close all tabs and clear cookies. No, it is not recognized as a virus, nor malware--because it is a damn cookie from what troubleshooting sites call a "broken ad". We need to contact Freeforum about it so they can complain to the advertisers. It's damn annoying. It won't appear if you use Google Chrome, only Firefox.

Any suggestions how?
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Broken ad. Empty Re: Broken ad.

Post  Soraya Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:40 pm

I'm honestly not sure. Maybe if you go into the help forums they have some ideas for you?
Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:34 pm

I have. The initial reply was, "Oh, it's a virus, run antivirus." Despite me posting that I did and it's NOT a virus. I suppose most visitors there don't consider the most obvious solutions first or try to solve them on their own before seeking help. Still, hopefully someone there actually reads what I write and gives me useful advice eventually.

Looks like eventually may be a while, tho. Razz

At least we know how to solve it. Log out, close all windows, clean cookie history, and it's gone.
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:03 am

How nice. Their solution? Buy credits and get rid of ads using that.

Then they tossed my complaint into their "Garbage" bin.

Thanks loads, Freeforum.

I'm just thanking God that the ad is now gone and replaced by ads that are NOT broken. I expected a responsible approach from Freeforum, like information on how to find the ad maker's contact info to pass on the issue for repair or better yet them doing that for me and the others getting spammed by it, but it seems next time I shouldn't bother asking, even.
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum