The Land of Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Much to celebrate

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Much to celebrate - Page 2 Empty Re: Much to celebrate

Post  Naitachel Wed May 15, 2013 3:10 am

To not be trusted by the very people he worked so hard to help, the species he was dedicated to put ahead of his own needs, was painful for the angel. His wings and tail drooped beneath his robes, shoulders and head following, and he radiated a mix of sorrow and disappointment. Settling on the stool again, he wondered if he was truly doomed to fail in the whole purpose of his existence. He was supposed to be of help to people. Yet he had been unable to do anything at the end of the world, not to save even one, and now with so much of the world mere ruins, the fate of humanity on the brink of extinction, and humans... did not want anything to do with him. Perhaps that was to be deserved, considering he hadn't been there for them when they most needed him.

The depressed angel wondered if he should have survived his last fight. Would it have been kinder to the world if he hadn't? But, no, it was too late to ponder that question. Yet it was sad times like these where, before he had a family, he would have just said his farewells and taken himself a-wing to somewhere he was more useful. Instead, he felt all the more closed in by the walls and barred doors, not even the joy of flying the skies readily available to cheer him up.

It was then the lights came back on, making him flinch behind a sleeve at the sudden brightness to his night-sight. Even he needed a minute to adjust to such a big change. But he used that moment to make sure his wings and tail were concealed under his robes. There as no point adding fuel to the man's fire, after all.

"It is not about trusting myself," Naitachel stated quietly. "It is about trusting your hosts here. You have for how long? And they have saved all of you from how many ills now outside these walls, even giving you some measure of luxury and safety you can find nowhere else at this time? I can argue about coincidence and exonerate myself to Kingdom Come, but if you are so determined to lay the blame at my feet without motive or evidence or opportunity even, then it is but wasted breath. I cannot contend with a closed mind and heart. But do not let that drive you to deadly folly, gambling with your very lives and those of the people you hold dear. If it helps ease your minds, I am willing to accept whatever ideas you have to help me prove it is not myself, and even prevent such occurrences. I understand how unsettling and frightening they are, and I have no wish to be neither an ill omen nor a threat to any."

Though he knew his very presence was a summoning for crisis, tragedy, and catastrophe, he still had no wish to be so this soon. It would be a very unpleasant stay if his first missions since his rescue were called to be right here in the colony. Humans did not like bad luck. And in such circumstances where the odd bird could be pecked to death by the rest, what would happen if he had to leave? He supposed he could always choose to return to Heaven for a time, perhaps find healing of the spirit there, but that would mean abandoning the family, leaving Radu alone to his shadows... and Naitachel could not choose in such a case.
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Though the man's expression remained one of clear dislike and doubt, he seemed to back down at Naitachel's words.

He blinked as the lights turned on, as if trying to regain his bearings. If things were returning to normal, then... maybe he had really overreacted?

"You see?" Soraya said, trying to soothe booth parties. "The lights are back on, and there is no need to panic. Perhaps it was a glitch, that is all. Either way, we will get it sorted. Please. Stay," she begged, looking once more at the little girl hiding behind him.

The man grunted unhappily. He turned away from the, ushering those with him back toward the exit, before he turned again. "I'm keeping an eye on him," he declared, his tone low and threatening. "If this happens again... well, I make no promises."

With that, he left behind the others, leaving Soraya deep in thought.

"I fear he may stir up trouble," she sighed quietly. She hoped, however, that the other colonists would refuse to listen to one man's lunatic ramblings.

Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:53 am

The angel huddled back on his stool, feeling the distrust and worry radiating from the humans, the similar concern radiating from family.  All of it beat at his shields like relentless rain.  Oh how he longed for open sky during such times!  Escape from the emotional onslaught and his own cares, able to hide from human eyes and return unnoticed.  He felt caged.

The colonists clearly felt he was a cause of their troubles, but he had no solution.  What influence the angel had was in his voice, when he sang mostly, but that wasn't as effective echoing underground and besides, he couldn't keep singing non-stop in his own defense!  If they were not open to listening it was only a brief respite against their suspicions.  What good was that other than buying but a brief bit of time?  And if they realized his influence by such means it would only add to their suspicions!  So for now, Naitachel kept silent.

"I do not know what to do," he stated softly, at a loss, twining his hands together uneasily.  "I know of no solution at hand, nothing that might satisfy them short of being locked up somehow."
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum