The Land of Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A STRANGER APPROACHES

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A STRANGER APPROACHES - Page 3 Empty Re: A STRANGER APPROACHES

Post  Kahtenny Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:12 am

"Good. Then all we have to worry about is intrusion from upstream. I'll fix that permanently tomorrow," he replied. "Right now I need another good cup of coffee." He hesitated, "Ah, could you teach me the combination for this door, so I won't have to ask for help getting in?"
Kahtenny
Kahtenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:36 am

"Of course," Radu readily agreed. "Let's get the coffee first, then I'll take you to Eric to get you coded for full security access. Once that's done, I'll introduce you to Badger. He's headed up security so far. Perhaps the two of you might brainstorm some solutions to our current security issues."

<Brilliant idea,> Vlad agreed. <Why not plan the dinner for tomorrow night and we can tell everyone our good news then as well?>
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:22 am

"I think I will do just that," Soraya answered Vlad brightly. She kissed him quickly on the cheek, obviously pleased by the thought of an actual celebration. Heavens knew they didn't get many of those these days.

She then resumed her determined hike toward the kitchen. "First, cookies and salsa. Then, I will plan the menu."

The redhead winked at her husband over her shoulder, then went to do just what she had stated she would.
Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kahtenny Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Back in the main room, Kahtenny relaxed with a cup of coffee, the wolverine lying at his feet. He had given the men a quick account of his activities with the tribe and his trip to LA, promising to fill in the details when the whole family was together. "Feels good just to relax, not worryin' about what's sneakin' up behind you," he said. "I've got about a dozen cases of coffee in the truck, by the way, along with some dried and irradiated meat and vegetables. Supposed to be good up to a hundred years. Guaranteed to 25. Found a lot of other goodies in the bunker at Holloman, too. Couldn't bring all of them; we might want to make a run down there one of these days." He took another sip of coffee and scratched Tsosie's ears. "Now, what's this security problem you were talking about?"
Kahtenny
Kahtenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 am

Radu outlined the current issues with their security. "I am certain that the culprit or culprits are known to us, given that they are aware of our abilities and how to avoid our detection," he concluded.
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Kahtenny Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:58 pm

The former Seal considered the possibilities. "Hmm... not many options. Somebody invisible - not possible, unless somebody has a gadget that bends light waves, and nobody I know has been working on that, even before the plague. Or if it's someone who is around so often that you don't even notice him. Best way in the world to be invisible. I think, maybe, we better take a complete tour of the place, whenever you've got time, check the other cameras, just to make sure they're working right." He stifled a yawn. "Maybe it could wait till tomorrow?"
Kahtenny
Kahtenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:51 am

Radu nodded. "I think perhaps it would be best to avoid mentioning your interest in security when making introductions. At least initially. I should prefer not to alert whomever is behind it that they've more eyes watching." He rose, pacing, clearly bothered greatly by the entire affair. "There are so few humans left. How are we to ensure the race is given another chance to flourish if we cannot protect them even in so contained a space as this?" He shook his head, dismissing it all with a wave of his hand. "Nevermind. The morning will be soon enough. Pray, settle in and rest. We shall make all proper introductions tomorrow."
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

A STRANGER APPROACHES - Page 3 Empty And so to bed.

Post  Kahtenny Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:45 am

"Sounds good," the Apache replied. "Just introduce me as an old friend of the family. Nobody but some of the older servants will know any different. Don't think they'd talk out of turn." Setting his coffee cup down, he rose and picked up his duffel bag. "Min, you haven't done anything all evening, why don't you show me where to bunk?" Wishing everyone a good night, he followed Min out into the corridor.
Kahtenny
Kahtenny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum