The Land of Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next evening...

+8
Terhon the BlackSilver
Marcabru
Rowanna
Mirzan
Soraya
Prince
Sihlus
Naitachel
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The next evening... Empty The next evening...

Post  Naitachel Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:56 am

The next day had been all about settling in at Nopalo's Inn. Bags were unpacked, items hung up and put away, laundry started, weaponry and armor readied for repair. Horses and Nip were examined and tended to with greater care for any injuries gained en route, then settled into their appropriate enclosures for a longer rest (in Nip's case, just a large, ever-growing field). The sudden quietude was a chance to catch up on rest, eat Nopalo's scrumpteous meals, enjoy a bit of leisure time with family and friends, become more familiar with the Inn itself, and learn more about the local and larger communities surrounding the Inn.

As evening drew closer, Naitachel's tailtip stirred slightly under the robes pooled around him. Otherwise still, seated in the lotus position, his hands resting relaxed on his knees and eyes closed, he was just finishing his meditations for the day--his own way of recovering his energy, more useful to him than food. The Seraph had played the harp a bit for the vampire family during the day, when none of them were trying to sleep, but one could only spend so much of the day with such activity, pleasant as it was. Eventually, he needed to gain some rest, as well, and so he had sought out a clear space in the suite's sittingroom, hoping not to be in anyone's way. Nait had intended only perhaps an hour, but it had extended into more than that, for all he was unaware of it...

(OOC--Okie, just starting to move us on, as the other thread's nearly done. Place yourselves, and I'll introduce some NPCs.)
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

The next evening... Empty Re: The next evening...

Post  Sihlus Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:41 pm

Sihlus rose early, leaving Shayori sleeping. After a hearty breakfast, he strolled out to the stable to find Marcabru currying Storm, cleaning him up and pampering him a bit after their long journey. "I think I'll go look over the area today, see how the land lays and where we'll be most likely to find game. If you need me, Terhon or Rowanna can give me a call." Hearing a sharp breath behind him, he turned quickly and jumped aside to avoid the snap of Jake's jaws as the mule tried for his shoulder. "Still as friendly as ever, eh, you old ba - rascal? You'll wind up as dog food yet, if you're not careful."

Stepping outside, he was enveloped in a silvery shimmer which faded, revealing a large eagle. Jumping onto a bench, and from there to the top rail of the fence, he took off, ascending in a wide spiral, seeking a thermal on which to glide. The river and the road ran almost parallel, flowing from the west, past a small village a few miles upstream from the Inn, and reaching easterly toward a city several days' travel downriver. Beyond the city, the river ran between two ranges of hills on its way to the eastern ocean. To the south through the mountains ran the road on which the party had approached Nopalo's, while across the river and stretching to the north a rolling patchwork of forest and clearings stretched as far as the eye could see. A number of manor houses could be seen in the distance, beyond the boundaries of Nopalo's properties, and a few narrow tracks meandered through the woods.

Soaring over the forest, Sihlus cast about for signs of game, or of people in the woods. The hunters' complaints were justified, he thought; there was precious little within a mile or two of the Inn. He flew on, making wider and wider circles until he noted the presence of more game the farther he got from the Inn. Most of it seemed to be ranging up a wide valley leading into the roughest and must uninhabited country around, almost as if it had been herded in that direction. Strange, he thought. There was no sign of men around, nothing but... wolves? Could they be....? Surely not. Still, it was worth keeping in mind. In the meantime, he would move some of the deer back in the direction of the Inn. He went into a shallow dive, passing over a large herd and landing to the north of them. The wind coming from the north would aid his efforts.

The silvery shimmer closed around him, and he emerged as a huge cave lion. He roared once, to give notice that he was there and alarm the herds, then began trotting back and forth, staying close enough behind to keep them moving, but not so close as to spook them in all directions. From time to time, he would grumble, "Houngh, houngh," as a reminder of what was behind them. Back in Nopalo's territory, he stopped, letting the game relax.

Resuming his eagle form, he flew back to the Inn, stopping in Nip's lush pasture to emerge as a large grey cat. Slipping in the front door, he crossed to the fireplace and leaped up onto the mantle, pleased to see that Nopalo or someone had put a cushion there. Curling up, he mulled over the events of the morning, determining to discuss them with the others later in the day. But first, a cat nap....

Sihlus
Sihlus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:55 am

Radu spent the day seeing his household settled in as they should be while his immediate kin rested at the Inn. He'd relaxed awhile to listen to Naitachel's gifted hands upon the harp, then resumed his duties when the seraph took time to rest as well. When at last the sun began to set, he gathered his family around him.

"Master Nopalo has made a request of us," he informed his own. "His lands are being hunted without license, by both humans and large canine. Wolves, if his suspicions are correct. He asks that we look into this for him. We have leave to hunt as we will, and perhaps assist him further in return. If we would, we may take our needs and bring them that which we do not use."

"It is unseemly," Georgiana argued. "They forget your station, else they would make their kill and bring you your due, not the reverse."

"It is not unseemly," Radu sighed. "He has been most generous with us. He has bade us welcomed when few others would once our nature was made known. He has given us a home..."

"Sold you a home..." Georgiana corrected.

"Enough." Radu stood, holding up a hand, having no further patience for this. He'd given his word and was intent upon keeping it. Less would dishonor him and his house. "Gather yourselves together. Make ready the hunt."
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:01 pm

It had been a pleasant, leisurely day, the kind of day Soraya hadn't had in... well, since she could remember, though of course that time span was rather limited.

She had woken up to find that she had slept rather late, and had allowed herself to linger in bed even longer as she replayed some of the previous days' events. If it was at all possible, she was even more excited this morning to be somewhere safe, to be considered home, than she had been the previous day.

When she had finally emerged from her room, she had done such trivial things as eat (Nopalo's breakfast and lunch foods were as good as his dinner) and wander the inn (getting lost only 3 times and finding her way back with the assistance of the very helpful maids, though she suspected they snickered at her expense regarding her lack of directional sense once she was out of ear shot...), and, more importantly, she had managed to spend time with her travel companions. She had come across Rowanna and Mirzan earlier, and had had pleasant conversation with them, before retreating to the Princes' suite so that she could spend some time with them as well as Naitachel.

When she had arrived, the seraph had been in some sort of meditative state, sitting in the middle of the floor in a position that was, perhaps, a bit of a hinderance to the servants who bustled around him. They had conversed quietly nearby, which hadn't seemed to disturb him.

After all, several hours later he remained there.

"How long does he usually stay like that?" Soraya finally asked those whose company she held. It was, after all, almost time for dinner.
Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:24 am

"It can vary, Miss. When we were on the road, he could sit for hours until someone... well... talked to him, I guess--mind-talk, maybe?" one servant girl told Soraya dubiously. "I don't know... Should we ask someone to wake him, perhaps?"

Naitachel's tail-tip flicked, though, a hint that he might be stirring... After a minute, he opened his eyes, blinking at the lessened light of evening. Turning his head to look about, he blushed at the servants hovering nearby, and noticed Soraya present.

"Oh!" The Seraph cleared his throat, embarrassed. "Pardon! I lost track of the time! My apologies! Is something amiss?" <Am I in the way? I had hoped to find a convenient place for my meditations where I shan't disturb nor hinder,> he asked, worried about being a nuisance.

Last edited by Naitachel on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mirzan Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:48 am

Mirzan had happily spent the morning settling Nip into a rather overgrown field that Nopalo assurred him was so quick to grow that starving goats struggled to keep it tame. With his warbeast's gear, he returned to the rooms he and Rowanna shared and began getting their things organized for a lengthy stay. That meant oiling Nip's harness and saddle, folding the beast's chainmail into a storable pile, putting things away from their packs into the wardrobe and dresser and chests by the bed, setting armor and weapons on stands to one side...

There was a pleasant respite when Soraya joined them and they talked, though he did some polishing of leather gear while they chatted. She seemed a pleasant, friendly young woman, in his opinion, though he recalled she had mentioned to him some concerns about fire ability... in a friend, at the time, but he guessed she meant herself. The topic did not arise this time, but he wondered if she might mention it to the vampire she seemed to have an interest in. Either way, she hoped to be somewhat independant, a venture he understood well when a stranger in a strange land, and he encouraged her to see what she might find in the way of work. Even simple work had pride for the doer, after all. It made him smile to think of--the mercenary had grown comfortable with the vampire family, even daring to think of them as friends despite social status differences that he was ever aware of, and he was proud of Soraya for being a girl of sout and noble character to suit one of them, not one to be a leech or burden or "prize" toy. Good people deserved good people, in his opinion.

With most chores seen to except the repair and maintenance of weaponry and armor, Mirzan unstrung his crossbow and secured the arrows in their case, as some were silver and others poisoned by Snap (best to keep that covered, and unnoticed by staff or other eyes for now). Then he sought out Rowanna to see how she was faring. She'd still felt unwell, he'd noted, and it was starting to worry him.
Mirzan
Mirzan

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:03 pm

Soraya smiled at Naitachel's stirrings and confusion. "No, nothing is amiss," she assured him quickly. "Did you rest well?" She then thought about her wording and looked at him sheepishly. "Is rest truly the best word for it? It did not appear to be sleep... Meditate, perhaps?"

She laughed and offered him a hand to assist him in standing. "Whatever it was, you seemed overdue for it. It is a good thing that you lost track of time, I think. It is also good to see you back."

The redhead glanced at the others in the room, certain they would be glad to see Naitachel return to them as well.
Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:52 am

Radu finished donning and belting a jet black tunic, then tucking equally dark breeches into his boots. He smiled at Naitachel. "Indeed. I trust you rested well?"
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Rowanna Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:09 am

Rowanna finished organizing her herbs and oils, making certain what she had and what she needed more of. She'd had little enough chance to see to that on the way here. She'd gathered what she could, of course, but that had been limited to what was available relatively close to camp. None of them could stray too far in case they had to move in a hurry. Now she had a lot she needed to find. She thought perhaps she could head out shortly and do just that. She'd thought to do it before the sun went down, but she seemed gotten sidetracked visiting with the red haired young woman, Soraya, along with Mirzan. She'd found she really enjoyed listening to her, and couldn't help but respect her for all she worried over taking advantage, even of those who had so much. It spoke volumes of her character, Rowanna thought. She sighed as she finished her inventory. She had so much she needed to find. She'd let her stores get way too low, and berated herself silently for it. What if someone needed tending? How was she to do that without her supplies. Besides she needed to find some ginger if she was to have any hope of settling her temperamental tummy and managing a bit to eat tonight so Mirzan could stop worrying. She rose and headed for the door, checking cloak and dagger both as she approached the exit when the room swam around her...
Rowanna
Rowanna
Admin

https://thelandofdragons.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Mirzan Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:23 am

Mirzan immediately reached out to steady Rowanna, drawing her up against himself firmly. "And where do you think you're going, alone, without a word? I've seen how you're still not well. Just running out all by yourself, and at night to boot, in this condition, doesn't seem very wise to me. That you intend to do so without telling me doesn't sound nice, either. What if you fainted in the woods? You could get hurt, or more sick, and I wouldn't know where you are to help."

The mercenary took them both to a couch to sit, and helped her settle there beside himself, wrapping a throw about her shoulders, so he could use his body to support hers still if need be.

"I'd be worried sick, myself, love. Don't do that to me, please."
Mirzan
Mirzan

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:38 am

"I did, and thank you both," Naitachel answered Radu and Soraya. "And you are correct--it is more a meditation than true sleep. I can hear, and usually may respond, but slowly with my attention elsewhere thus. You are likely right, Soraya--I suppose our journey had taken more out of me than I expected, as I hardly intended to be still at it so very late! I am terribly sorry for having been in the way during that. I shall have to find a better location to do so next time, then."

Accepting Soraya's offered hand, he rose gracefully and lightly to his feet with barely a tug. The Seraph reached up to stretch his shoulders and shook out his tail with a happy sigh, feathers flashing open like a lady's fan and then flattening neatly to slip back beneath his robes again. Golden eyes noticed Radu pulling on his boots and blinked.

"Are you going somewhere?" he inquired curiously, noting other family members seeming to do the same. Glancing at Soraya, he guessed from her expression that she might be as surprised as he. "Has something happened?"
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:51 pm

Naitachel wrote:"I am terribly sorry for having been in the way during that. I shall have to find a better location to do so next time, then."

"I assure you, you were not in anyone's way," Radu spoke up quietly. "However, if you would prefer a place more private for your meditation, we shall set aside a room in the cottage for such needs. Perhaps Master Nopalo would know of one who could consecrate it properly for you."

Naitachel wrote:"Are you going somewhere?" he inquired curiously, noting other family members seeming to do the same. Glancing at Soraya, he guessed from her expression that she might be as surprised as he. "Has something happened?"

Radu shook his head. "It is nothing to be concerned over. We merely prepare to hunt, and perhaps assist Master Nopalo in provisioning the inn."

"And chasing off intruders from the woods," Min added. "From the description, it sounds as if he may have a greater problem than he suspects, and we may have need to..." He let the comment trail off at his uncle's withering glance.

"Truly, it would be best to avoid assuming the worst until we have investigated the issue properly," Vlad interjected.

"Knowing the luck of you lot," Georgiana disagreed as she moved from one family member to the next with their cloaks and weapons - the request for which indicated to her better than any other that they truly did expect to find something a bit more dangerous than their typical prey or even a few poachers. "It's probably better to assume the worst and leave yourself pleasantly surprised if it fails to materialize."

Radu shot a reproachful look at the elderly woman but said nothing, instead rising and heading toward the door, gesturing for his kin to follow. "We shall return shortly," he assured Naitachel, placing a gentle hand upon his shoulder for the briefest moment as he moved past him.

Vlad moved to Soraya's side, kissing her lightly before reiterating, "We shall see you when we return."
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:13 pm

The fact that the vampires needed to go hunt was no surprise to Soraya. The lengths they were going to to prepare, however, did. She had exchanged startled glanced with Naitachel before he had posed his question, and now that startled look changed into one of worry.

Neither Min's words, nor Georgiana's were of any comfort. "Intruders?" she asked. "What sort of intruders?" If they were preparing like this for trouble, she doubted they would be your regular, run-of-the-mill malfeasants or mischief-makers. These seemed to be something more serious.

Prince wrote:
Vlad moved to Soraya's side, kissing her lightly before reiterating, "We shall see you when we return."

Soraya returned Vlad's kiss, an act that still made her heart leap in her chest. She smiled, and promised, "We will be here waiting. Just please... be careful."

As she watched Vlad follow after his kin, Soraya hugged herself. "Why is it that I have a feeling of dread in my stomach over this?" she asked Naitachel with a frown.

Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rowanna Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:28 pm

Mirzan wrote:Mirzan immediately reached out to steady Rowanna, drawing her up against himself firmly. "And where do you think you're going, alone, without a word? I've seen how you're still not well. Just running out all by yourself, and at night to boot, in this condition, doesn't seem very wise to me. That you intend to do so without telling me doesn't sound nice, either. What if you fainted in the woods? You could get hurt, or more sick, and I wouldn't know where you are to help."

The mercenary took them both to a couch to sit, and helped her settle there beside himself, wrapping a throw about her shoulders, so he could use his body to support hers still if need be.

"I'd be worried sick, myself, love. Don't do that to me, please."

"Please forgive me.'' Rowanna sighed, suitably chastised. " I merely thought to replenish some of my supplies before we find ourselves in need but without access to them." She sighed, leaning into his embrace for warmth and support. "It wasn't my thought to worry or upset you, I swear it."
Rowanna
Rowanna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:19 am

Radu wrote:"I assure you, you were not in anyone's way," Radu spoke up quietly. "However, if you would prefer a place more private for your meditation, we shall set aside a room in the cottage for such needs. Perhaps Master Nopalo would know of one who could consecrate it properly for you."

"Oh, no need for any consecration," Naitachel assured with a wave of his hand. "A fair portion of Master Nopalo's land--and with it most of his main buildings--lay upon lay-lines. That does quite well, I assure you. I do not need a place of quiet necessarily, but I hope to avoid being tripped over at least, lest someone be hurt. Perhaps the roof is fine enough. It is not as though I require it often, usually."

Radu wrote:"We shall return shortly," he assured Naitachel, placing a gentle hand upon his shoulder for the briefest moment as he moved past him.

Something in that brief touch gave the empathic angelic an assurance that mere words alone couldn't convey, and he smiled gratefully to Radu in return, though concern still shown in those golden eyes. Though he knew the vampire prince was powerful and strong, having been aided by the man and his family first-hand, he also knew full well that they had weaknesses, having personally rescued them once before. What lay beyond, causing Nopalo trouble in the woods, to the Seraph was pure unknown and therefore suspect of danger. How much so was the worry.

"The best of luck to you, all of you, and please return as only what individual pieces you are departing as," Naitachel wished Radu with a touch of playfulness, including the family as they left, waving. <If you need aid, please but call,> he added, a bit more seriously. He could only hope his friend would face such dangers cautiously, and that neither he nor any of his kin might be harmed in such an encounter.

Soraya wrote:As she watched Vlad follow after his kin, Soraya hugged herself. "Why is it that I have a feeling of dread in my stomach over this?" she asked Naitachel with a frown.

Smiling over at the young woman hesitantly, trying to buoy both their spirits, the Seraph countered with a bit of mischief, "Do you truly wish me to answer your question?"

Still, he himself felt the odd twisting in his gut that spoke of something afoot, a task or tasks that might lay ahead. It made him stiffen where he stood, uneasy and hoping that whatever might come of this night would not be a mission given him by a higher power... a mission that might include friends in danger. Even if not, though, it was not a kindly premonition for their new home.

Someone/thing was warning the Seraph that they would not be allowed to settle in in peace...

(OOC--No, no mission. Just a premonition of events to come. I'll put up what the vamps find tomorrow.)
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mirzan Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:21 am

"Well, until you are better, we might start by asking Nopalo if he or his girl already have some of those things. For all we know, they might have surplus ready to go, and be willing to part with them for a few coins. Or even just be sitting in their garden, growing quietly. Maybe other things are also easily available from local people, to save you the trouble of scouring the next ten miles with no idea where it may be. And then, if you still need to tromp about the forest for more, we can do it together, tomorrow, in daylight where it'll be easier to see," Mirzan reasoned with a sigh. "I don't see any urgency in running around in unfamiliar woods for herbs we can't even be sure are there."

Hugging Rowanna closely, he sighed, worried all the same. She had been so unwell of late, and he wanted to know why. Heck, he just wanted that to end and for her to be fine again. The mercenary missed Rowanna having the energy to keep up with him, even having the energy to explore the Inn's grounds.

"Well, like I said, none of it's so urgent. It's not like we're leaping off into a fight or anything. And Nopalo's a great cook. He's got to have some of those things in his kitchen!" he laughed. "I bet he'd be embarrassed to find he was even low on any of them!"
Mirzan
Mirzan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rowanna Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:03 am

Rowanna looked forlorn. "I've always found my own," she admitted, her normally light accent made thicker for all her dissatisfaction with her entire situation. "It's... this isn't me. I don't... sit here. I am not weak... nor helpless. I tend to my needs. I help where I can. I am not so..." She blew out a frustrated breath. "... so... NEEDY."
Rowanna
Rowanna
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:37 am

The woods were quiet, the deer and elk and other large game Sihlus had relocated now settling into their new territory. Smaller creatures such as game birds and rabbits had been less eager to travel, but some had followed that migration in hopes of better prospects... and, of course, out of nervousness regarding a cave lion. Due to the move and other recent attempts before that, all were still somewhat skittish and tended to be wary. None knew if they would be able to stay in this new location, or if some new threat might arise to move them on. So far, though, the animals made the best of their current situation.

Just beyond Nopalo's boarder-marker, stone hip-high, just within sight of it, a deer cried out and went down, the sound brief and quickly cut off. The scent of its blood caught the wind. In the distance, something, a wolf likely, howled a complaint to the world, to be echoed by its pack, which had perhaps forty voices. That cry was taken up by something far more sinister, not a normal beast, eerie and threatening enough to make most folk's hair stand up on end and the more sensitive faint in fear... and the wolves silenced in deference to the greater predator. The eerie howl rose a second time, this time echoed by at least two more similar to it.

It was not a wolf. It was something also otherworldly, possibly of a Dark nature. Some, with experience with such creatures, might recognize the sound of a demonic beast. And it was announcing its anger, echoed by its pack.

Where the deer went down, however, a man crouched beside it, his back to the marker stone. With sharp features, dark brown wavy hair that hung into green eyes, and a whipcord fencer's body, he wore a thin-bladed sword at his side and had drawn a silver-edged dagger from his boot. Whatever he was doing with the deer, he wasn't butchering it yet. The scent of blood was strong near him... and some with sharp senses might note he had some limited telepathic skill but was distracted and hungry... and hurt. His clothes were of fine make and dark blues with black leathers, but large darker stains marked one leg starting at the thigh, a splash against his ribs, a tattered shoulder and ran down to his his free hand.
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:07 am

Soraya glanced at Naitachel at his tease and managed a smile. "No, perhaps not," she agreed. She glanced around them, the room suddenly feeling rather empty with the exodus of the vampires. If they were out eating, she supposed that meant it would be a good time to do the same, as well, and likely catch up with the others in their groups.

"Should we head to the dining room?" she suggested to the seraph. "I know you do not eat, but I do, and we may find pleasant companionship there while the Princes are away."
Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:27 am

Nodding, Naitachel waved for Soraya to lead the way. Fast as the vampire clan were, even they would need some time to hunt and explore the vast surrounding territory, eat at leisure...

"Thank you," the kindly Seraph called to the clan's servants as the pair headed downstairs.

As they reached the common room, the scent of good food wafed their way, almost palpable in the air. The clatter of dining utensils and plates and pots echoed from the kitchen. Staff were preparing for the evening.

Then the howls could be heard in the distance... a wolf starting first a pack, then something nastier as a pack.

Naitachel's tail shivered at the sound of the demon-weres. "Heavens, but Master Nopalo has some rather dark neighbors..." he observed quietly, bemused. "I think many must sleep better knowing they are far away and not close, however."
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:41 pm

The vampires headed out into the night, taking stock of the area then splitting up, monitoring one another as they went. They heard the sound of the wolves, then the darker sounds that followed, and warned one another silently, each drawing their silver daggers and placing hands upon their longer blades as they continued deeper in. They needed to hunt, it was true, and to feed, but their first priority was to clear out the woods of those who might poach or pose a threat to their host, his friends, and the other guests.

The scent of blood wafted on the wind, catching Min's attention as he made his way through the woods, sharp eyes unaffected by the darkness around him. He paused when he spied the dark figure ahead.

<What word, friend,> Min called from the darkness, remaining hidden therein for the moment. <You appear injured.>
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:30 am

The swordsman at the deer froze stiffly on being addressed by Min, then continued feeding on the beast's blood. <Good eve to you, friend. I have had a bit of a rough night, as you can see. We are a bit at odds with the neighboring werewolf pack. And someone has driven all the local game here, to neutral territory, so I was lucky to find this straggler. You could guess they're a bit pissed about the game relocating, so when I ran across a couple earlier we had a bit of a brawl.> His own telepathy wasn't very strong, really, but sufficient to communicate within short range. <I'm happy to say I chased them off, but not without injury.>

On finishing, he straightened and wiped at his mouth with a stained kerchief, getting to his feet to turn and face Min, dagger still in hand and watching the woods warily. Clearly this local vampire wasn't so certain about who he faced, but he sniffed the air and relaxed minutely, confirming it was a fellow vampire.

"Sorry, but I hope you don't mind me asking you to step forward and present yourself, you being a stranger to these parts. And I prefer we talk like normal folk--my strengths aren't my telepathy but in other areas. I take it you're a guest of Mister Nopalo's establishment, or you wouldn't be on that side of his marker. You're lucky, though--that entitles you to what's in neutral territory." The brown-haired man quirked a wry smile. "Otherwise, you'd find slim pickings, too. The recent battle was enough to drive the game insane with fear, so they scattered and fled. I hate to say, but our brethren aren't much better right now."

The smile fell, and the injured vampire ran a hand through his hair with a sigh, eyes pained. Something about him oozed a profound sadness; some big tragedy hurt more than his minor and currently-healing wounds.
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcabru Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:35 pm

Marcabru had spent the day quietly, sharpening weapons and doing some minor repairs on a couple of instruments. He took a break for a light lunch, and spent a few profitable moments with Nopalo, getting an idea of the lay of the land hereabouts and some of the local inhabitants. A half-hour's conversation with Molly was more productive, for they felt an immediate affinity, and were soon on the way to becoming fast friends. From her he learned about some of the local characters, including the fact that there was a family of vampires in the neighborhood, and that the area had been plagued lately by a pack of werewolves.

Returning to his room, the troubadour made some notes for a possible future poem or story, cleared away the clutter of the morning, and took a short nap until time for supper. He returned to the common room to find Naitachel and Soraya already there. "Well met, friends. I trust you are recovering from the rigors of the road?" Hearing the howls and seeing Naitachel's reaction, he remarked, "My word, yonder wolf pack sings an eerie song, does it not?"
Marcabru
Marcabru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sihlus Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:16 pm

Sihlus, napping on the mantlepiece, aroused as the pre-dinner activity increased. Slowly, silently, he faded from sight, reappearing in his rooms with a faint *pop*. A silvery shimmer, and he took his human form. "Anyone interesting in food?" he called, casting around to see if Shayori or Terhon were anywhere about.
Sihlus
Sihlus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:38 pm

"Wolves?" Soraya asked, frowning as both Naitachel and Marcabru pointed out the howling. "Not... werewolves, are they?" she asked, noting Naitachel's commentary regarding how, "dark," they were. She shivered and hugged herself, thinking of the Princes. They must have already been aware of their proximity; it was likely why they had armed themselves so thoroughly before leaving.

The feeling of apprehension in Soraya's stomach deepened, and she knew she would be anxious for the vampires' return now even more than she already had been. She had half a mind to go out and find them herself, to make sure they were safe, though instead she heard herself saying, "Pardon, Master Marcabru. Good evening," she smiled, greeting the troubadour belatedly.

"This day of rest has certainly gone far in ridding me of my travel fatigue. I trust you are recovering as well?"
Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next