The Land of Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At long last--home!

+7
Terhon the BlackSilver
Mirzan
Rowanna
Naitachel
Soraya
Prince
Marcabru
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

At long last--home! - Page 3 Empty Re: At long last--home!

Post  Naitachel Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:06 am

Naitachel blushed a bit warmly, eyeing his feet, embarrassed and reluctant to reveal information on the subject. It was something he did not wish to advertise as it really wasn't part of what one could call an ability. After all, it was anything but reliable. And it was not exactly something he did.

"I did not call the rain exactly, Lord Marcabru... I rather simply petitioned for rain and shadow--the gods chose to act or not as they wish. In truth..." he hunched slightly, guiltily, "it is not for me to ask. I am a servant, after all. It is more for me to obey and carry through such pleas, not make them," the Seraph explained shyly. "So, in truth, your prayers hold more influence than my song. I do apologize for your becoming wet, however. I had no idea I would be answered, let alone so swiftly!"

As the vampires emerged from their protective confinement, he watched with concern, only to sigh with relief as they seemed simply nervous and not overly anxious themselves. It was one thing to be told, yet another to see for himself that they were none the worse for this daylight arrival. His eyes strayed to Radu, intent on making certain he was well, observing carefully every nuance and detail for a long minute before he dared relax fully.

On introduction to Nopalo, he bowed gracefully, almost bonelessly to the man, large white sleeves flowing with the motion. "Well met, Master Nopalo."
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:33 am

Nopalo wrote:Nopalo grinned as he wiped his broad forehead. "Lounging, ye say, ma'am? I daresay ye'll not be doin' much o' that, considerin' the company ye keep. Unless there's been a great change in that group o' rousters ye arrived with, ye'll be busy enough within th' week. Excitement o' one kind or another seems t' follow them around, it does." He turned to Radu. "Now, then, Prince... Radu, was it? I'd be apologizin' for th' lack o' proper amenities here, m'Lord, but th' safety an' security o' yer party was first on my mind. Come nightfall, we'll have ye in more suitable quarters. Th' Master Suite, t' be exact. I think ye'll be pleased with it for a couple o' reasons, which I'd like t' be discussin' with ye when ye have th' time, sir."

Radu gave the slightest of bows. "Whenever you are available, of course, I am at your disposal, sir," he responded quietly. Overhearing Soraya's request, he smiled and shook his head. He moved then to withdraw a well filled coin purse from the carriage and offer it to the innkeeper. "For our party's rooms?" he added then, with the barest of glances in Soraya's direction. "I am uncertain precisely how many we will need, or who in our party would choose to share quarters with whom. Pray tell me if the amount is insufficient and we will see to the shortfall."

He was interrupted then as Georgiana began to herd servants about, unloading cargo and setting up a makeshift resting area for the family. She stood in his way when he moved to help, however, and held up a finger before he could protest, a twinkle in her eye as she admonished, "You know better. You'll not be doing your people's work for them. You've tasks enough of your own to see to once you're settled without taking on ours. Now go on talking to the nice man, or rest, as I know you didn't bother in that infernal carriage."

Min couldn't help it. He laughed out loud. "She's been with us awhile, obviously," he confided to the Nopalo. "Since she was a very small child, in fact. This is what happens when they grow old in our house, though. They turn the tables on us until we take their orders instead of giving them. But it works for the house, so why argue?"
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Nopalo Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Radu gave the slightest of bows. "Whenever you are available, of course, I am at your disposal, sir," he responded quietly.
"Aye, well, ye'll be needin' t' rest after yer journey," Nopalo said, "an' I've a bit t' do what with gettin' that rowdy bunch ye came with settled in, so mayhap we should wait till after supper. We've a private dining room big enough for yer entire party, an' I've a small office where three or four of us can sit over a glass o' wine an' discuss th' situation." Remembering his guest's rank, he bobbed his head deferentially; "That's if it be meetin' yer approval, yer Highness."
Min couldn't help it. He laughed out loud. "She's been with us awhile, obviously," he confided to Nopalo. "Since she was a very small child, in fact. This is what happens when they grow old in our house, though. They turn the tables on us until we take their orders instead of giving them. But it works for the house, so why argue?"
The rotund innkeeper replied with a wink and a grin. "Aye, lad, I know. Wait till ye be meetin' my Molly. 'Twixt her an' yer Georgiana, we'll none of us be standin' a chance."
Nopalo
Nopalo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikki Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:39 am

Mikki's eyes narrowed as the other man appeared, but their movement further into the confines of the inn diverted her attention away from that to those of her own dislike of enclosed places. Given her size, it was difficult to really consider this place claustrophobic, per se, but she was used to the freedom of open meadows and vastness of forests. This, well... this felt too small. Even sound didn't seem to travel in quite the same way here.

Mikki glanced over and noticed a maid scrubbing the floors, bucket full of water in plain sight sitting next to her. That alone made her most mischievous grin emerge.

It was true that in a place such as this, there would be people... and where there were people, there was fun to be had.

For the sake of arriving largely unnoticed and for the sake of giving them a chance to enter the inn first, the pixie held her peace, but that bucket of water, or a comparable one, would soon provide her with much entertainment.

Given that fact, she found herself beaming brightly first at Sihlus, and then at Terhon, a smile that read all innocence but that spoke volumes on what she had planned for days ahead, if she were given "artistic-freedom."
Mikki
Mikki

Back to top Go down

Post  Terhon the BlackSilver Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:43 am

Terhon arched a brow at Sihlus beneath his hood, then glanced meaningfully the sprite's way. No, he did not care for a chaperone, either. Not after being seperated from his "Carmen" for so long. It was one thing to give up some of her time and share her with Sihlus due to her love for the man... but another to be seperated by a mere tiny water-imp of the Light. The Mara found her very presence by Shayori irritating, not that he'd object openly. To do so, he knew, was to ask for more mischief from the little nuisance.

<I will owe you a favor--even be forever endebted--if you would eat her,> he told Sihlus, though he wasn't very hopeful on that option.
Terhon the BlackSilver
Terhon the BlackSilver

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:49 am

Though she blushed sheepishly and allowed some of her hair to fall into her face in an attempt to hide when the coin purse was brought out, Soraya's discomfort was short lived. She laughed at the display between Georgiana and her so-called charges; it hadn't taken long for even the redhead to become acquainted with Georgiana's authority over the happenings in the family.

Nopalo wrote:"Aye, well, ye'll be needin' t' rest after yer journey," Nopalo said, "an' I've a bit t' do what with gettin' that rowdy bunch ye came with settled in, so mayhap we should wait till after supper. We've a private dining room big enough for yer entire party, an' I've a small office where three or four of us can sit over a glass o' wine an' discuss th' situation." Remembering his guest's rank, he bobbed his head deferentially; "That's if it be meetin' yer approval, yer Highness."

The rotund innkeeper replied with a wink and a grin. "Aye, lad, I know. Wait till ye be meetin' my Molly. 'Twixt her an' yer Georgiana, we'll none of us be standin' a chance."

"Wait, you mean there is someone here as formidable as Georiana?" Soraya blinked, startled. "There is no chance for us indeed," she agreed with another laugh.

Nopalo's words regarding a discussion sleeping arrangements made Soraya blush again, and this time she glanced at Vlad. She wanted to discuss what was best with him, to be sure, but she wasn't quite sure how to broach the subject. Instead, she went for a more subtle tact. "As you will be forced to hide in the cellar, perhaps I could use the rest of our daylight hours to freshen up myself?" she suggested. "I could sorely use a bath and a new dress."
Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nopalo Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Nopalo watched the by-play between the red haired girl and the one called Vlad with poorly-concealed interest. Obviously she was not one of the 'family', not blood relation, at least - in the usual sense of the term - since she had no fear of the light. And she was not a servant... well, time would tell. "If ye'd like, missy, I can be showin' ye a private way to th' front lobby where ye can mingle with th' rest o' yer troupe an' nobody be th' wiser. Ye can have a private room, an' if ye'd be wantin' t' make a change later, that'll be no trouble at all. Is yer baggage here, or did ye have it with th' rest on that great beast o' Mirzan's?"
Nopalo
Nopalo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sihlus Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:45 pm

Terhon wrote:<I will owe you a favor--even be forever endebted--if you would eat her,> he told Sihlus, though he wasn't very hopeful on that option.
Sihlus answered with the mental equivalent of a grunt. < She's probably too salty for my taste. Besides, with my luck, I'd probably get a wing feather caught in my throat and choke to death. I've got a couple of ideas, though, that might persuade her to pick on somebody else. I noticed last night that she doesn't care much for predatory birds. > He gave Mikki a bright smile, fading into a feral leer just to make her twitch a little.
Sihlus
Sihlus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Georgiana ushered everyone around, wheeling on Radu when he moved to help with the heavier bags. "There'll be none of that. You go on and be noble an' regal an' princely an' such an' let us do our jobs now."

Radu looked down at the old woman as if prepared to argue that he was far more capable of heavy lifting than the rest when Min called out merrily, "Give in gracefully, Uncle. She'll win either way. She always does."
Prince
Prince

Back to top Go down

Post  Shayori Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:20 am

Clueless as to the exchange between her men, Shayori gathered up her things. Spying Sih's smile, and what it became, however, Shayori frowned. "Sih... don't... you'll frighten her," she scolded.
Shayori
Shayori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:21 am

Nopalo wrote:Nopalo watched the by-play between the red haired girl and the one called Vlad with poorly-concealed interest. Obviously she was not one of the 'family', not blood relation, at least - in the usual sense of the term - since she had no fear of the light. And she was not a servant... well, time would tell. "If ye'd like, missy, I can be showin' ye a private way to th' front lobby where ye can mingle with th' rest o' yer troupe an' nobody be th' wiser. Ye can have a private room, an' if ye'd be wantin' t' make a change later, that'll be no trouble at all. Is yer baggage here, or did ye have it with th' rest on that great beast o' Mirzan's?"

Soraya liked the man even more for his ability to pick up on her attempts at subtlety. "That sounds like a perfect idea," she answered, smiling brightly. She looked at Vlad quickly, to ensure he approved of the plan, before continuing.

"My luggage is all here," she told him, indicating the satchel she held in her hands. To be sure, it contained one change of clothes, her silver dagger and purple pendant, and some odd trinkets (mostly gifts from Vlad) that she had amassed along the way. Nothing of any real value, at least monetarily. "After you, Master Nopalo," she smiled, glancing one last time at her companion to favor him with a smile before separating for the rest of the daylight hours.
Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikki Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:29 am

Mikki didn't much care for the smile the cat-man gave her, but she beamed brightly as Shayori scolded him for it. Whatever he (or the other one, or the dark ones) tried, she knew she could always duck to the red-haired woman she had adopted as her human, at least temporarily. Surreptitiously, she stuck her tiny tongue out at Sihlus, then returned to her position on Shayori's shoulder and sat with a, "Humph," that would be rather inaudible to any normal human ear. For now, at least, she would stick close to Shay, until she had a better idea of what to expect from the confines of this place and those within it.
Mikki
Mikki

Back to top Go down

Post  Nopalo Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:12 am

Soraya wrote:"My luggage is all here," she told him, indicating the satchel she held in her hands. To be sure, it contained one change of clothes, her silver dagger and purple pendant, and some odd trinkets (mostly gifts from Vlad) that she had amassed along the way. Nothing of any real value, at least monetarily. "After you, Master Nopalo," she smiled, glancing one last time at her companion to favor him with a smile before separating for the rest of the daylight hours.
Returning the smile, Nopalo led her from the storage room and across the entry hall, bypassing the kitchen to enter a door on the other side. A short passage opened into an office, which in turn gave way into a small dining/meeting room, and then to the main lobby. Spotting Molly shepherding the rest of the group to the stairway, he excorted Soraya to meet them.

"Found a stray, for ye, Molly m'dear," he said with a chuckle. "Put her in a single next to th' Master Suite. I'll be takin' care o' the registerin' of her. Oh, an' leave th' Master Suite empty. We've reservations for it later." He quickly raised a hand to stave off a blast of indignant comment. "Yes, yes, I know ye know what ye're about, an' I wouldn't think o' tryin' t' give ye orders. But would ye do it as a favor t' me, m'darlin'? I'll be dancin' at yer weddin'." He handed Soraya over to Molly, saying, "She'll not be bitin' ye, missy. 'Tis only me she's got her teeth set for."

Molly grinned as she ushered Soraya toward the rest of the group. "Somebody has to growl at him once in a while. Wouldn't do to let him think he was in charge, now, would it? Come along, dear, and we'll get you fixed up."
Nopalo
Nopalo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naitachel Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:20 am

Naitachel glided over to keep Radu company, flashing him a smile, watching the Prince family's servants set to unloading what they had managed to bring. He himself had but the pack he had left by the door of the barn, and owned nothing else. Yet he felt a pang, knowing the family had been forced to leave at least some things behind. First one home to fire, now to flight... For people to be uprooted so surely took a toll, he thought.

"I see you are well-managed," the Seraph chuckled quietly, teasing, upon Min's recommendation. "If you will, I think perhaps I may keep you company until the rain passes. I have no wish to become sodden nor indebted to any further, and to venture into tunnels is a bit... against my own nature, if I might even comfortably fit. A brief stay with good company until a better moment is much the brighter option, I would say."

On top of it, he might offer some entertainment while they waited the day away, if only to make it easier on them. Travel and change was part of his usual life so their sudden flight was not as strenuous on him as for some, though he was glad to have friends for so long. Most of the time, he left after a few weeks at longest, dropping mortal ties to head for the next catastrophe and avoid any true heartache before such ties could grow strong. But this time... This time, he felt a deeper connection to those in their party, one in particular, and it left him wondering what that could mean in the long run.

On the one hand, he might now have strong ties to this plane to keep him here, a friendship that might last for a long time and brighten his loneliness...

On the other, if his duties persisted... he could be calling danger on them all by remaining. A Seraph was supposed to help people through troubled times, and against frequently large or catastrophic dangers... and if he wasn't going to them...?
Naitachel
Naitachel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sihlus Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:41 pm

Shayori wrote:Clueless as to the exchange between her men, Shayori gathered up her things. Spying Sih's smile, and what it became, however, Shayori frowned. "Sih... don't... you'll frighten her," she scolded.
"Mmm?" Sihlus replied, guilelessly. I was only giving her a friendly smile, thinking of the fun she can have here, with all these people to tease." He took Shayori's arm and followed Molly up the stairs, keeping a wary eye on Mikki all the while. As Molly began to assign their rooms, he said, "If it's convenient, we'd prefer a room on the top floor, please, with a balcony." <Sound all right to you?> he asked Terhon.
Sihlus
Sihlus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Terhon the BlackSilver Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:56 am

The Mara mentally shrugged, though he ghosted along behind Shayori and Sihlus like an oversized shadow. <It matters not to me. I do not sleep as either of you do, though access to the outdoors is nice for private thoughts... You wield your silver tongue well. Unfortunately, she appears to like the annoying creature. Solutions may take some deep thought and discussion later...>
Terhon the BlackSilver
Terhon the BlackSilver

Back to top Go down

Post  Soraya Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Nopalo wrote:
"Found a stray, for ye, Molly m'dear," he said with a chuckle. "Put her in a single next to th' Master Suite. I'll be takin' care o' the registerin' of her. Oh, an' leave th' Master Suite empty. We've reservations for it later." He quickly raised a hand to stave off a blast of indignant comment. "Yes, yes, I know ye know what ye're about, an' I wouldn't think o' tryin' t' give ye orders. But would ye do it as a favor t' me, m'darlin'? I'll be dancin' at yer weddin'." He handed Soraya over to Molly, saying, "She'll not be bitin' ye, missy. 'Tis only me she's got her teeth set for."

Molly grinned as she ushered Soraya toward the rest of the group. "Somebody has to growl at him once in a while. Wouldn't do to let him think he was in charge, now, would it? Come along, dear, and we'll get you fixed up."

Soraya followed after Molly, taking a few moments to inspect their new surroundings as she did so. This place did seem rather homey. Something tugged gently at her memory, though she couldn't be sure whether it was the inn itself or simply the atmosphere it offered. She closed her eyes and shook her head lightly at the encroaching image of the cabin by the lake, wanting to clear it before it took hold enough to cause her usual discomfort.

Thankfully, Molly's words brought her back to reality quickly. "I think it is rather clear which of the two of you has the upper hand," she answered, smiling wryly.

It didn't take long for Molly to indicate which room was to be hers, and though it was odd to think of this new haven as home, Soraya immediately relished the relative privacy it afforded her. Much as she enjoyed the others' company, traveling was exhausting, and she needed time to process everything that had happened in the whirlwind of activity since they had left their old city.

Much had happened since she had awoken, lost and alone in that countryside, and she had a lot to think on.
Soraya
Soraya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sihlus Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:57 pm

Sihlus looked the rooms over when they entered. "Looks fine to me, if you're satisfied," he told Shayori. Two bedrooms and a sitting room, with a spacious balcony complete with carved stone railing. <I thought you might like an easy access to the lake. These tubs are a bit small for you,> he bespoke Terhon. No mention of sleeping arrangements. Well, there was always the fireplace downstairs, if need be.

He slipped an arm around Shayori's waist, caressing her gently. "You look like you could use a nap. This trip has been hard on all of us, but you girls especially. Why don't you rest till suppertime?"
Sihlus
Sihlus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shayori Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:04 am

Sihlus wrote:Sihlus looked the rooms over when they entered. "Looks fine to me, if you're satisfied," he told Shayori. Two bedrooms and a sitting room, with a spacious balcony complete with carved stone railing. <I thought you might like an easy access to the lake. These tubs are a bit small for you,> he bespoke Terhon. No mention of sleeping arrangements. Well, there was always the fireplace downstairs, if need be.

Shayori looked around the room and smiled. It was nice. Homey. Not so fancy as the last place they'd been put up in, but honestly all the better for it. She could see herself being very comfortable here. "It's perfect." she answered.

Sihlus wrote:He slipped an arm around Shayori's waist, caressing her gently. "You look like you could use a nap. This trip has been hard on all of us, but you girls especially. Why don't you rest till suppertime?"

She nodded, stifling a yawn. "A nap sounds wonderful," she told told him, laying her head against his chest," but I'd like a bath first if I can. I feel like I'm got half the road's dust caught up in my hair. "
Shayori
Shayori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sihlus Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:47 pm

"Sounds fine," he smiled. "If you're not up by then, I'll wake you in time for dinner. In the meantime, I think I'll check out the mantlepiece in the common room, to see if it's as comfortable as the last one." Taking Shayori in his arms, he gave her a lingering kiss, at the same time shooting a thought at the sprite: <This is the way it is. Get used to it.> Reluctantly releasing his love, he gave her a quick, playful final peck on the lips. "Have a good nap," he said as he went out the door.

Tripping quietly down two flights of stairs, Sihlus reached the common room and took a seat at the bar. It was an hour after lunchtime, and he and the bartender had the place to themselves. "Glass of milk, please, with a shot of rum and a teaspoonful of sugar." The bartender's eyebrow twitched, but he said nothing, just mixed the drink and set it in front of Sihlus. He'd had stranger requests than that. Matter of fact, it sounded pretty good. He might try one himself, when he was off duty.

After a few minutes chatting, the two were on good terms, to the point of sharing stories about Nopalo. After telling the one about his using a huge frying pan for a shield against arrows, Sihlus said, "So you see why we think so well of him. Always good for a fight as well as a laugh. Oh, while I think about it, there's one member of our party you probably haven't seen yet. He's a big grey tomcat that has been with us for years. He comes and goes - you may not see him for days, and then he may be around for quite a while. When he's here, he likes to spend his time on the mantle over the fireplace. Nopalo knows him, and doesn't mind. You can check with him if you like. Just thought I'd let you know so it wouldn't come as a surprise when he comes waltzing in and jumps up on the ledge."

The barkeep chuckled. "Friend, I don't care if he sleeps on the bar, as long as he keeps his tail out of the drinks. We've had pets in here before. The boss seems to favor them. He won't be any trouble." He wiped the bar down with a damp cloth - an unnecessary task, but something to do.

Finishing his drink and tipping the barkeep, Sihlus left the common room, stopping in the foyer a few minutes to admire the carvings on and around the front door before quietly mounting the first half-flight of stairs. On a landing out of sight from above or below, he was enveloped in a silvery shimmer which faded, revealing a large grey cat. Padding back down the stairs, he entered the common room and made a great to-do of inspecting the room. Finding everything to his liking, he gave a "Mrroww" of greeting to the barkeep, leaped to the broad mantlepiece over the fireplace, and curled up for a nap.

(OOC - going to "Dinner")

Sihlus
Sihlus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3